Easy Weeknight Favorite
If you’re looking for an easy weeknight favorite for dinner, look no further! Below you will find a video of how to make easy shepherd’s pie that’s also Paleo friendly. It’s less than 4 minutes! If you prefer reading your recipe, I have the steps outlined below the video as well.
Follow me on SnapChat for daily insight!
Also, if you are not following me on SnapChat (where this video was originally filmed), come on over! It’s not just for teens anymore. ;) More bloggers and businesses are using it to connect with their readers and customers – which is EXACTLY what I want to do with y’all! My SnapChat name is malorimayor
Simple Steps for Easy Shepherd’s Pie
- Chop shallots or onions and saute in your favorite GOOD fat (olive, avocado, coconut oil or butter). Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 2 lbs. ground beef to pan.
- Sprinkle salt on the meat. While that’s cooking, dice the potatoes, put them in a steamer, and set the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add veggies of your choice.
- Add chicken broth for some sauce.
- Add your spices: I used pepper, turmeric, Italian seasoning, chili seasoning. Then put into a 9×13″ glass baking pan.
- When potatoes are done, add a dollop of grassfed butter. (I use Kerrygold.) Then mash or use a high-powered blender.
- Spread mashed potatoes over the meat in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle paprika over the potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.